- Articulation/College Courses
- Best Schools for Cosmetology 2016
- Best Online Nursing Programs
- Career Cruising
- Core Performance Indicators
- CTE Course Guide
- GBHS Course Guide
- GBHS Volunteer Form
- Early College Volunteer Form
- Job Shadow Request Form (11th & 12th Grade)
- Job Postings
- Post a Job with Grand Blanc Schools
- Senior Exit Presentations
- CRC Newsletter Form
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 15/16 Follow Up Report Results
Career Planning and EDPs
7 months ago
- Visit the Career Cruising website at: www.careercruising.com
- Enter your child’s EDP username and password in the login area at the top and click “Login”.
- EDP Username: grbl-student id (i.e. grbl-012678)
- EDP Password: edpstudentid (i.e. edp012678 )
Earning More Than Just a Skill in Your Career and Technical Education (CTE) Course
3 months ago
GBHS Career Resource Center (CRC)
Free College Credit through Articulation
Michigan Merit Curriculum Credit through CTE
Student Job Postings
Job Shadow/Day on the Job
Junior Interview (graduation requirement)
Resources, Scholarships & Grants
Leadership/Community Service Opportunities
K-8 Career Awareness Activities
Career Crusing & EDPs
CTE Events Calendar
To find out more about the Career & Technical Education program offerings at Grand Blanc contact our Career Specialist, Mrs. Janet Roberts at 810-591-6035.
Students in state approved CTE programs such as , Automotive, Business Management, Computer Programming, Construction, Education, Finance, Health, Marketing, Mechanical Drafting/Engineering, Radio & TV Broadcasting and many others have an opportunity to earn articulated college credit. Articulation is a process where students can earn college credit for demonstrating skills and competencies through their high school class.
Students must meet certain guidelines for completion of the class according to each college articulation agreement. Most of these expectations revolve around achieving an 80% or better and a teacher recommendation but they are specific to the college partnering with the high school program.
How does this help a student? The student can then take their articulated credit with them to that college and continue the pursuit of their related career choice. This allows the student to advance their degree process through articulation while saving on tuition and fees.
For a list of state wide articulation agreements and more information, you can visit the Michigan Department of Education or by following this link: http://www.michigan.gov/mde/ and choosing “MDE Office”, and then selecting Career and Technical Education. You will see a resource on the left titled “Statewide Articulation”.